Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Iamme.tbisurvivor



                  I have no memory of May 23, 2003 but it will remain one of the most memorable incidents in my life. The incidents that happened on that day and the days following were to change who and what  people thought I was. Everything was never to be the same for me again as I had come to know them in my thirty-eight years of living because at that moment for only a brief time. I had stopped….living that is.

                   I didn’t know that at the time because I was unconscious. The crash was in the evening on a 4-wheeler and I was the passenger and was not wearing a helmet.  The paramedics arrived and began  apparently their rescue efforts.  I had a  a closed head injury among many other less severe life threatening injuries.  I don’t think that they knew this at the time but they did all of the right things in addition to their quick response.  They saved my life. Their quick response and stabilization of my head, neck, back, arms and legs kept me from thrashing.  I was told that I became conscious at some point during their treatment and they had to stabilize me to prevent me from causing myself more harm.

Blogger Topics

No comments:

Post a Comment